Saturday, May 14, 2011

Pittsburgh 1/2 Marathon Tomorrow

MIA since September 2010.

Well, I have done plenty of races since Sept. '10.

My last two  races were Just a Short Run (8.1 miles) in March and Genesis Riverside 10K in April.  My longest distance to date is the 8.1 miles.  I haven't done a write-up for any of them, yet.  I need to tackle this procrastination with some good ol' pioneer will power!

With the passing of time, I feel less and less inclined to write about these races.  Who cares?!  They are over, and you missed your chance to comment on them.  Wouldn't it be considered outdated, antiquated, and old news not worth blogging about?  I'm attracted to history and the recording of history through the everyday experience.  Maybe I could put, "MEMOIRS OF RACES PAST", in the titles as a "mark".  This "mark" in the title would allow readers to know that those blogs are about races I participated in, in the past.  I am warming up to this idea because of the historical spin I have put on it.  I think I would like to start working on these "antiquated" race blogs this coming week after I report back to you on....

The Pittsburgh Half Marathon is tomorrow!!!!  How about that!  It will be my first half marathon and my longest distance.  Mentally I am ready (seriously - I could run 100 miles mentally), but physically I am not as strong as I should be.  My flame started sputtering three weeks ago, and I just started walking 6+ miles instead of running a few days a week.  Despite my fear of not being strong enough to run the entire race, I refuse to walk any section of this race.  I remember my first 5K in 2009 and how I had to walk parts and dry heaved at the end even with prep work.  It was due to inexperience and health.  I don't want to be there again, but I don't want the w-word to cross my mind or lips as a cop out.  I don't want to let myself down, but physically what if I crumble?

Come on right knee.  Come on right foot arch.  Don't bring me down!